Under general supervision of the Logistics Manager, the Inventory Specialist will: be responsible for conducting inventory transactions in the MRP system, track and reconcile inventory, provide KPI reports to both internal and external partners, monitor customer orders to insure they are processed timely, and interact with various warehouse partners.
The Inventory Specialist will engage in various aspects of the inventory supply chain to insure accuracy. They will need to analyze data, troubleshoot problem areas, propose solutions, and help define processes to drive improvements and cost savings.
The Inventory Specialist will also assist with product transfers to various warehouse partners both domestically and internationally. This will include working with freight carriers and customs brokers, as well as conducting system transactions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following and other duties as assigned.
- Interact with warehousing partners to monitor inventory and reconcile any discrepancies.
- Monitory daily KPI reports and follow up as needed with internal and external partners.
- Insure inventory transactions are kept up to date and are accurate.
- Coordinate supply chain efforts related to managing and tracking inventory.
- Facilitate and monitor the maintenance of inventory systems/audits and management systems (e.g. cycle counts, inventory control practices, adjustments).
- Identify sources of cycle count variances and works with appropriate departments to correct variances.
- Monitor inventory control practices to ensure compliance with company-defined procedures.
- Initiate process improvement, KPI’s, and cost reduction initiatives to improve methods, performance, and quality of product or service to increase efficiency.
- Work with warehouse partners to ensure they are following maintaining, picking, packing, and shipping inventory to predefined company specifications and agreed on KPI’s.
- Ensure all functions effecting inventory are conducted accurately and timely.
- Interact with Procurement and Finance to complete month end inventory reconciliations in a timely manner.
- Use and maintain the MRP system to set up new warehouses, conduct inventory transactions, and track inventory.
- Provide internal departments with knowledge of overstocked items, out of stock items, and aging items.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum of two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with an ERP system (Microsoft Dynamics AX preferred).
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Excel and Word.
- Good math and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills are essential to facilitate cross functional activities.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Cross training on other related jobs will be required and asked to be performed when necessary.
- Understanding of planning techniques and BOM structures.
- Self-motivated and goal drive.
- Ability to work in cross functional areas to identify solutions to problem areas and project issues.
- Attention to detail and pride in accuracy.
- Working some overtime and/or weekends will be required on a limited basis.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.